The vision of the Centre for Doctoral Training in Molecular Modelling and Materials Science:
Our vision is to develop a fundamental understanding of the effect of molecular-level processes on macroscopic materials properties and hence to improve the design and engineering of functional materials for applications in energy, nanoscience, catalysis, information technology and biomedical science and engineering.
The M3S CDT is a partnership between University College London (UCL) and a range of industrial sponsors. The course consists of rigorous training of doctoral students to the EngD degree in a 4-year individually tailored training and research programme. This training is the key to the successful outcome of collaborative research and the supply of highly trained and motivated EngD graduates to the industrial and public sector research communities.
The unique features of the M3S programme are:
- Technical lectures and training by academic and industrial scientists;
- Accredited project management and business courses;
- Materials simulation projects;
- Professional career development and transferable skills training;
- Knowledge transfer and outreach activities;
- Substantially greater range of industrial collaborators in new priority research areas.